Beautiful Victoria British Columbia

August 26, 2012 by admin

While in Seattle, the family decided to take a day trip up to Victoria British Columbia!  I’d never been to B.C. at all so I was thrilled to see the sights!  We took a ferry from Seattle early in the morning and spent the day roaming around and taking in all of the culture, nature and fun Victoria is known for.

The water comes right up the beautiful Parliament buildings, shops and restaurants and was full of business and life.

Here’s a snap shot of Sara with her sister Allison and brother Matt in front of the beautiful Parliament buildings.  We took a tour and I was totally amazed with the restored beauty and all of the interesting materials and colour combinations inside.

I couldn’t get over how many flowers and gardens and plants there were everywhere!  Every square inch seems to be planted with something and there are so many colours!

The old architecture (including this Fairmont Hotel) was breath taking and set off by the lush grounds.

Victoria was so gorgeous and it was so great to finally see.  Plus, we’ve now been to the east and west coast this summer!

1. Deirdre says:

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

2. Tina says:

Beautiful !

3. Val says:

You’ll have to visit all the western provinces to have a full sense of the country. Welcome!

Victoria & all of Vancouver Island is gorgeous- I hope you will visit again to explore further. There’s a great tearoom about 10 minutes from the centre of Victoria, the White Heather,which is managed by a wonderful Scotswoman,Agnes. The Big Muckle is a tea large enough for a small army-far better than the Empress IMHO. Very authentic & very delicious. Glad you & the family had a great time,thanks for sharing!

5. Debi says:

So glad you had a nice visit to our beautiful Province. The Fairmont hotel you pictured used to be a Canadian Pacific Hotel (CP hotels). There was at least one in every Province – very special Hotels. The Chateau Lake Louise and the Banff Springs are just a couple of famous grand old hotels from a different age that are very very special. Ontario and Quebec have equally famous ones – well worth the effort to seek them all out. I know you have a deep appreciation for beautiful old buildings with a history and these old hotels certainly have that!

6. Ann says:

Victoria has some beautiful architecture and historic homes. You should come out again and see the sights. Many museums, gardens and don’t forget whale watching!

7. Jaclyn says:

Can’t believe you were so close and didn’t call me!!!

• I KNOW!!!!! I didn’t know we were going to B.C. but once I was there I totally understood why you love it there! So beautiful! Less beautiful – some of the Woodley’s feeling queasy on the ferry…