Minty Fresh!

August 20, 2012 by admin

Lots of you have noticed my love of minty green when you visit Penney & Company.  I love to use this colour in accessories, painted furniture, and even some of my back drops in the shop.  I have a little collection of minty inspiration shots that are catching my attention these days that I wanted to share with you – enjoy!

Miles Redd’s door in NYC

Black, red, white – the usual front door colours.  How about MINT?!

Chairs painted a minty hue around a white painted table in a sunny nook?  Of course!

Mint by Tom Scheerer

And you can always go whole-hog mint like my idol Tom Scheerer!  Walls, ceiling, everything!  You gotta love MINT!

1. lisa says:

Im with you….beautiful! I love that colour! so fresh

2. how2home says:

We are totally with you Michael! Minty green is gorgeous….i want that front door with the hardware!

While we’re on a mint theme,did you happen to hear anyone in Maine use the phrase “wicked mint”? Anything ” wicked ” in New England is the non plus ultra as in the ever popular ” wicked good”. With your love of all things mint, this might be just made for you!

4. Deirdre says:

So very pretty! I would use it over and over!

5. I painted our main bathroom a minty green and was recently considering repainting it as I was losing confidence in my colour choice (minty green often gets a bad rap in magazines and blogs). Thanks to your love for it, I’m back to loving it. Those are great inspiration photos and I love the minty green in your shop.

6. Katherine says:

Have you seen the little kitchen cart in the new IKEA catalogue? Mint green! It is so cute.

7. Florence says:

Michael, your shop is 5 minutes from my house and I go there often! The first time I asked one of the girls in the shop to give me the names of the paint colours you used as backdrops… gorgeous! Love mint. Love the greenish linen table runner/throw that you wouldn’t sell me the last time I was there lol!!! Love your shop!