Boxes and Reunions

August 13, 2012 by admin

For those of you who think it’s totally romantic thing to open a little shop in your home town, I present Exhibit A.

And Exhibit B!

Let’s just say there are a LOT of boxes to unpack.  And then pricing the items.  And then displaying them.  And then breaking down the boxes and bundling them up for the curb.  Have I mentioned it’s been the hottest summer of all time???

But then there’s Exhibit C…

My kindergarten teacher from 1987 found me through House & Home and online and came to visit me at the shop!  I only went to her school for one year, so her remembering me and coming from another city was amazing!  I told her all of the funny details I remembered about her and our class back in the 80′s and she was so warm and lovely.

So I guess Exhibit C cancels out A and B.  Plus A and B are kinda fun.

1. Gail says:

Michael you have grea taste in home items..love all of it..funny but seeing the boxes and I know I will love what’s in them..lol

2. MARINA BISHOP says:

I CAN RELATE TO THE EXHIBITS A&B-BUT I AM PACKING BOXES -LOTS OF BOXES-AND WHEN I GET THERE THEN I HAVE TO UNPACK ,BREAKDOWN AND BUNDLE-THINK WE SHOULD START A BOX STORE ?HAVE A GOOD DAY-

AUNT MARINA

Fortunately you love what you do, I think it’s probably more of a “calling” or a vocation if you will. Like farmers(who have one of the toughest jobs out there) it’s a labour of love.
    As for your kindergarten teacher,well,let’s just say that you’re the type of person who is anything but forgettable! I’m sure you were a sweet & precocious 5 yr old who was engaging & thoughtful. Just as you are today.
    (We all need a little ego boost on Monday mornings!)

4. Lulu says:

Are you happy you made the big jump to self-employment?

5. how2home says:

That is so adorable that your kindergarden teacher came by to visit you!

6. Patricia Creasy says:

Hi Michael, I’ve been a fan of yours for a while through H&H. Wanted to wish ‘Goog Luck’ and tell you I’ll be down(fr Bobcaygeon) to meet you in person soon.

7. pat says:

i also found my grade 5 and 7 teacher when she taught my first 3 children in kindergarden !!!! and she remembered me too !!!! amazing knowing the number of kids she would have taught by then right ????

8. Oh, that’s too cute! Can’t wait to see what’s inside all those boxes.

9. Nicole says:

That’s sweet that your kindergarten teacher came to see you after all these years. I’m excited to come see you and find out what’s in the boxes!!

10. that’s so cute!! forget about the boxes piling up in the shop… just focus on the the goodies inside and imagine opening the boxes on Christmas Day. Now doesn’t exhibit A and B looking a whole lot better? Wink!

11. How fun!… And those boxes have me excited! I am back in Whitby… and I’m about 99% positive I will HAVE to come by to say hello before the week is out! :)