Chatelaine Magazine + Penney & Company!

June 27, 2012 by admin

Sorry for the silence so far today!  It’s been one wild and crazy day at Penney & CompanyChatelaine Magazine came in for a photo shoot!

The Chatelaine Magazine Crew outside Penney & Co

If you’re someone who thinks magazines just come in and take a few pretty pictures, LET. ME. TELL. YOU!  That’s not how it is at all!  Luckily I’m used to the drill but I think some of my Penney & Company customers today were shocked at the upheaval a little photo shoot can produce.  Let’s just say it takes a lot of mess to make all that pretty.  Chatelaine Home Editors Virginie Martocq and Julia Black were wonderful to work with, as was the whole team.  Can’t wait to see my little shop in the glossy pages of one of Canada’s most read magazines!
Thanks Chatelaine!!

1. CG says:

Ahhhh, that makes sense of why the “Back in 10 minutes” sign was on the door for way longer than 10 minutes! Can’t wait to see the spread.

2. Lynne says:

Congratulations Michael! That is very impressive.
    Do you know what issue it will be in? I’ll be watching for it for sure.

3. Fulvia Walton says:

Hi Michael,
    I hope your store is back to normal!! It was so great to visit your store last week and meet you. I knew I would love your store by the photos, and I did!! I made some great purchases…. especially love the french bistro chairs, they are the perfect addition for my home. Thank you!!

4. Congrats Michael! I am still trying hard to make my way to the east end. Maybe I will just have to set a date with Vanessa and come together. Can’t wait for the October Issue to come :)

5. how2home says:

Congratulations Michael! I’m such a fan of yours, definitely need to pay you a visit in Whitby!

6. lisa says:

so happy your getting recognition from all these big stars…I hope your store does great things. You deserve it. I can’t wait to visit it again…I love your posts. Keep them coming!..Have GREAT DAY…LISA

7. It all looks so deceptively simple an natural as if the shot was taken on the fly while they were in having tea!! Shooting my website was fun but like planning a wedding. Looks so beautiful to others but soooo many details to consider. I am looking forward to seeing your store in the magazine.
    As well I love the addition of the furniture section you have. Just used one of the small chiar shots for a recovering inspiration of a chair they had passed down from their family.

8. Susan H. says:

Looking forward to seeing you in Chatelaine! My mom pointed out your store being featured in the August 2012 House and Home! Love the set of three Vintage blue and white china! I did not notice them the last time I was in…guess I missed out! Will hopefully be popping back in August! In the meantime, will keep up to date with your blog! Have a great summer! Susan H.