Chinese Chippendale Pagoda Chairs at Penney & Company!

April 18, 2012 by admin

Forgive me for sounding like a proud papa, but I just LOVE these dining chairs I brought into Penney & Company.

Penney & Company

They’re vintage painted wood with natural caned seats and have so much charm and character I can’t stand it!  I know we’ve seen a lot of Chinese Chippendale chairs ever since the Domino Magazine explosion and everyone and their brother has knocked them off – but I love that these are true original vintage with some wear and tear and that the design is a little different, and dare I say even a bit more substantial?

Well I guess I’m not the only one who loves them – take a look at these glorious examples of my little Chippendale pagoda chairs at work in some ultra luxurious settings!  You can bet the ones in these photos cost a pretty penny!  The above Penney & Company examples?  A very reasonable $200 each.  If they’re tugging at your heart strings, come and get ‘em before they’re gone!

elledecor.com

Style At Home Magazine - I believe they said this one was over $1000 per chair!

House Beautiful Magazine

Lonny Magazine

Design by Steven Gambrel

Design by Steven Gambrel

Okay I’ve just convinced myself – I think I should keep them!!

1. jackrussel1999 says:

Love them! Enjoy!

2. Deirdre says:

Love! Here’s the problem Michael! I live in the US, in New England which wouldn’t be too bad except that we will be moving south very soon. I love everything in the store and everything Sarah has. I’m trying to talk my husband into taking a truck up to see you and Sarah to fill up a truck to take to our new house in Florida. Haven’t convinced him yet, but I’m trying! Love the store!!

3. Cathy says:

Oh wow how I have always wanted those chairs…. and soon it will be my birthday…gee…how lovely that they would be. Now back to reality, I am sure they will go to a loving home. Wish your store was closer.

4. Barb says:

Think the loving home may be his own????? And what a decision to make about colour? Hmmmmm

5. Gail says:

love the chairs!!!! style pure style

6. marina bishop says:

won’t make any money that way!!!!! I sure understand the urge to keep them tho’-they’re lovely

7. Love those chairs! I also have a pair of faux bamboo beauty. Love their look but having one little problem: though amazing to look at, I find the back too uncomfortable to sit on.

So you think these are more for look or would a little pillow at the back does the trick?

8. allison says:

LOVE!!

9. The Chairman says:

Hey, I am selling a set of 6 Pagoda Chippendale chairs on ebay! item # 221118726107