Inspiration From Steven Gambrel

March 29, 2012 by admin

I’ve got another packed day of preparations ahead of me, but I wanted to share some eye-candy with you nevertheless!  Steven Gambrel continues to be a wonderful source of inspiration for me and this new project from his portfolio doesn’t disappoint.  His spaces may be a little more grand than anything I’d ever hope to do, but there are so many beautiful choices, so many delicious details that I go back for more and more.  As I piece together the shop and my first mix of objects to offer, these carefully curated Gambrel rooms keep me inspired.

Baskets will never be tired for me, and this one’s a beaut.  I also love the black legs of this harvest table and what looks like a stone top.  Great idea!  You could skip the stone and paint the top white too.

A gorgeous cozy nook with three things I’m a sucker for:  bottle lamp, kraft paper or parchment shade, topiaries.  Yes, yes and yes!

I love this wooden cabinet (no, not painted!) and it gives me hope for the one in my shop!

This is a lovely living area and I especially like the unusual coffee table and the grouping of vintage paintings above the sofa.  The colour of the door and how it’s painted a colour rather than white is also very nice.  Ideas we can all use in our less grand homes, right?

A collection of shadow-boxed miniature ships?  Genius!  And what a landing!

And the perfect restful retreat.  Another good lesson here especially if you don’t have amazing windows – layer them with natural blinds AND full length simple drapes.  Okay back to work for me!!

1. Love all this inspiration! I especially love the ships at the landing. Very tongue-in-cheek. Thanks for posting.

2. allison says:

LOVE. I want to live in a home this this!! OMG.

3. Nancy gaylord says:

Wonderful ideas. Can’t wait to visit your shop the first time I m in your area. Nancy

Drop dead gorgeous! Yowza!

5. Barb says:

I think your new store will need to be enlarged right away to hold your wonderful treasures!

6. Lou-be-Lou says:

I have just discovered your blog minutes ago, from Desire to Inspire. Well, I am saving it in my favourites. I like to read what catches your attention, inspires you in a picture. It helps me to “see” better. Now, I am off to explore your entire blog.
    Louise (north of Montreal)

7. Marsha says:

I love the rustic undertone of every space. Each room exudes a feeling of old world adventure. All it needs is a framed treasure map!

8. naomi says:

Very inspiring. The group of vintage paintings is perfect with the wall colour.

9. dottierman says:

It seems that Inspiration from Steven Gambrel are truly amazing. I really like how the house is being decorated and designed. I know that I would be able to make use of his designs on designing my new house.

10. Robyn says:

Would love to know where to find the chair/ottoman…