Prepping My Office

February 29, 2012 by admin

I’m so excited because soon I get to take on some exciting new projects  - especially some DIY furniture makeovers.  I’ve decided to make our office at home into a little atelier/studio where I can work on each project and hopefully contain the mess.  We don’t really use our office a ton to be honest, so I just needed to do a little rearranging to get a set for being creative.  I pulled out a bunch of my old inspiration images and taped them right on the wall.  I love the way it looks and I can get fresh new ideas each day.  I also snapped some shots of the rest of the office to share with you – pencil crayons, and magazines and wallpaper – oh my!

Here’s to all of your creative endeavours!  Hope you can carve out a little corner of your home to let your imagination soar…

1. Jean says:

I loved the room and your collection of inspirations, great eye candy. May I ask the color and the brand of the wall paint?

2. janisnicolay says:

Nice job! Michael, please come to Vancouver and help me sort of my office. ;)

3. Danielle says:

I loved this room when it was featured in the pages of House & Home – still lovin’ it – and the adaptations you’re making to the space to keep it functional for you!

4. Kelly says:

love it; love it; love it. so nice to see colour and florals!! coincidentally, this arrived just as i’m rearranging/organizing my office. i’m casting a critical eye over my little jail cell and, being the thrifty sort (sounds SO much better than cheap as dirt/broke, both of which are accurate) I don’t want to buy anything; just freshen what i have. always looks easier in the mags than real life, but you’ve got me inspired.

• I’m so glad Kelly! And really, as one who has been both in real life rooms and ‘magazine rooms’, I can say it’s mostly about expressing your own personal style that makes it great. A perfect, soul-less room isn’t what you want. Have fun working with what you’ve got – it’ll probably make you even more creative!

5. Kelly says:

well, your picture of Farrow and Ball paint chip gave me the idea of covering a great big Staples cork board in a pretty mosaic of all the different paint chip colours i LOVE and lust after, but i plain don’t have enough walls/rooms in my little open concept house to use all of them. Thanks for the inspiration, Michael!

6. Kathie Vanular says:

Michael, Congratulations on your inspiring new home decor store in downtown Whitby. It makes you feel great to be inside. Your stock is outstanding, and prices great. My first shop was for a potted plant and homemade lavendar soap and gift cards for them. Saw the blocking colour video and your studio. Great ideas.
    Kathie