Colette van den Thillart's Toronto Home

January 31, 2012 by admin

If you’ve been reading House & Home Magazine for the last year or so, you know the editor’s have a huge crush on Canadian-born Colette van den Thillart.  She’s a rising star in the international design scene, having worked with London society decorator, Nicki Haslam.  Well it seems that Colette has made a move back across the pond and has had her home published (not in House & Home, although her cottage and London home have been in H&H) in Traditional Home Magazine.  Shot by my friend, Virginia MacDonald (Yay Virginia!!), this house is breath-taking!  Check it out and maybe sing O Canada in your head as you beam with pride.  I know I will!

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

Design by Colette van den Thillart; Photography by Virginia MacDonald

1. Paula Nolan says:

Loved her cottage and London home. The Toronto home looks amazing. Thanks for posting that gorgeous spread. Virginia does beautiful work.

Stunning!

3. Colette van den Thillart says:

THank you Michael – love your post and its very kind of you! I am still partners with NIcky Haslam FYI (at NH Design) and there will be more Canadian House and Home in our future dont you worry. Colette

• Oh thanks Colette! This project is just beautiful and I was so proud when I saw it on the newsstands! We’ve loved your work in H&H too! The cut outs in your cottage were a big inspiration with the other editors and I when I was on staff and the colours and fabrics are so interesting! Can’t wait to see more of your, and NH Design in Canada soon!

4. D. Powell says:

I want that umbrella. Who makes it? Lovely.

5. Hey Michael!

Suzanne from House & Home here. Just wanted to let you know that all of the interior shots here are actually from Colette’s OLD house. She has since bought a different house – a stunning side entry georgian (where her portrait was taken in the last shot). H&H will be featuring it on our pages as soon as she is finished with it. I have been checking in on her progress regularly and it is going to be amazing! And we are also looking at her home in Barbados. She is quite the jet setter. Be sure to look for both in upcoming issues.

Cheers my dear,

Suzanne Dimma

• Oh great news Suzanne! Can’t wait to see these projects grace the pages of H&H! Thanks for stopping by michaelpenneystyle.com Suzanne – but of course you do every day, don’t you!?! Hahaha! Hope to see you soon.

6. lovely- Colette is charming in every way! I enjoy her blog musings!

7. Kim says:

Who is the manufacturer of the drape fabric in the living room? I love it, but can’t find it.
    Thanks.

8. Colette van den Thillart says:

Kim i think you mean the family room because the curtains are not shown in the white and blue living room. If so – i cant remember the name but its a sort of Ikat print from Robert Allan and i bordered it with an old John Fowler gothic border i had custom printed. Hope that helps!